What you'll need to have:
You are innovative with a passion for doing business and delivering results within a given framework. You are service minded, and customer driven with a desire to lead business and people together.
You have an academic degree in engineering or equivalent working experience where you have gathered several years of experience in contracting and/or consulting and/or owners role involving construction projects.
You bring previous experience in construction management on site.
You also have experience in procurement processes and contract negotiations.
Experience within the retail sector is an advantage.
You have knowledge of the following:
• Business risk management: Knowledge of how to assess and mitigate risks in a business environment.
• Project & construction management: Knowledge of how to initiate, plan, execute, organize, manage, control, and close a project.
• Software relevant for Construction: Knowledge of tools for timeline management
(e.g., MS Project), document management (e.g CAD manual, Projectplace, Hummingbird), design management (e.g., AutoCad for 2D or Revit, Navisworks), and other common software (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Cost control: Knowledge of how to implement a budget starting from the Land IR, till the final cost estimate and later on the CFU (Cost Follow Up); included the knowledge of appropriate tools, Cost Groups, cost benchmarking and how to recognize and prevent any deviation
• Timeline management: Knowledge of how to set a realistic timeline for a construction site, and how to recognize and prevent any deviation
• Construction Procurement and Market: Knowledge of the internal procurement procedures in regard to construction activities within the project, included the knowledge of the local construction market
• Permission process: Knowledge of local and national authority permission process in regard to design and construction activities throughout the project development, included the knowledge of processes, ways of working, rules etc.
• Construction market, development & trends: Knowledge of the local and national construction standards, codes and rules, including their cost drivers and structures.
• Construction HSE (Health, Safety and Environment): Knowledge of how to create a safe construction site and environment for all the site people that is compliant with IKEA Way of Working (IWAY) and national safety and environment standards.
• Property safety: Knowledge of requirements (company specific and local/national) in providing structurally safe property, equipped with life safety & property protection systems (e.g., fire protection systems)
• Quality management in construction: Knowledge of internal requirements, methods and tools to set up and secure quality during design and construction work
• Construction contracts and legal issues: Knowledge of construction and design contract types, with their relevant attachments, included a basic knowledge of the most common legal issues and claims throughout the project development and during the warranty period (post-project)
• Sustainable construction: Knowledge about BREEAM and LEED including evaluation of low impact construction materials
You are also a natural negotiator that explores alternatives to reach outcomes acceptable to all parties. You get energized by driving innovations and managing resources to maximize efficiency and performance. You can evaluate trade-offs between potential costs and benefits and act accordingly.
You speak confidently and clearly in Czech and English.
This head office for the role is in Prague. The role requires being on site in projects above all CZ-HU-SK region.
You will lead and manage all construction aspects of a specific building project from start to finish to secure delivery of a safe, compliant, sustainable, and innovative property solution based on business needs.
• participate and contribute to the development in the Cluster of how to engage with designers and contractors in the projects to continuously find cost efficient and innovative project delivery. Work and engage closely with Procurement to identify the best IKEA procurement strategies. Work and engage closely with Engineering to optimize, innovate and develop the best for project methods for design-construct interaction
• ensure Health and Safety including IWAY compliance
• ensure that external partners have up-to-date awareness and understanding of all Construction frameworks, guidelines and initiatives issued by Ingka Real Estate
• ensure that project budget estimates and time schedules are in place
• secure that procurement, contractors, permits, budgets and cost follow-up are in place for the project
• provide technical and cost input to internal Ingka partners in the project process
• ensure satisfactory handover of completed areas for retail build-up in accordance with an agreed schedule and scope
• Ensure satisfactory commissioning, testing, training and hand-over of technical and building systems to the building facilities co-workers, including the provision of all necessary documentation.
Our team within Ikea:
Without us our many co-workers and customers wouldn’t have an IKEA to go to. We make sure to secure, build and maintain our physical locations - from stores to offices to factories – to meet the needs of the many people. Together we lead the way in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable, and innovative solutions for every property. And we feel a great sense of pride in seeing everything working smoothly!