The Group deals with the issues of water management in buildings and urbanized areas with the aim of helping to reduce the effects of climate change and the creation of thermal islands. The priority of the group is to increase the awareness of the issue and create legislative environment that will promote the sustainable management of water in buildings. We focus on the key topics: use of rain and grey water in buildings, retention of rainwater around buildings and the role of green roofs and facades. We cooperate with various sector organisations and invite academic institutions and the Institute of Planning and Development of the City of Prague for cooperation.
Seznam aktivních členů pracovní skupiny zde.
Main activities and achievements:
- Since the Task Group formation in 2017, the CZGBC has become the leader in promoting and pursuing sustainable solutions for water management in buildings.
- We prepared and published a review of legislative and incentive measures that support the use of green roofs and the implementation of energy-saving technologies in buildings in selected European countries with similar climatic conditions and examples of good practice (Germany, Austria, France). See below for download.
- We prepared proposals for amendments to legislation to promote the sustainable management of water and green roofs. See below for download.
- We organize seminars and tours in buildings with examples of good practice.
- We systematically and intensively promote the topic of water management in media. In 2019, media coverage of the water management in buildings reached 25 outputs.