The Group focuses on the issue of regeneration and redevelopment of unused and neglected areas. It views the topic on brownfields from the perspective of their sustainable revitalization, promotes the use of brownfields over green fields, builds on topics such as water management, green roofs or elimination of thermal islands in cities. It also focuses on the issue of brownfields in relation to certifications LEED, BREEAM and legislation.
List of Task Group Members.
Main activities and achievements:
- We prepared and published the investor guide (see document below)
- We cooperate with the relevant state administration institutions, namely Ministry for Industry and Trade, Ministry for Regional Development and CzechInvest.
- We ran a successful international conference Brown Goes Green with 220 delegates and over 80 media outputs.
- For September 2021 we prepare a conference on the "Role of brownfields in the sustainable development of the City at presence of City of Vienna and City of Prague, with case studies of IKEA Westbahnhof and Smíchov City by Sekyra Group.
- We continuously promote the topic during educational events and in the media.
- We monitor related legislation and prepare proposals for removing the barriers of wider use of sustainable solutions.